Followers

Friday 14 March 2008

NIC IN UK

I arrived back in UK on Tuesday 4 March. I have been in London since arriving in order to address some personal admin issues. My good friend Rob has kindly allowed me access to his internet and office facilities at his home.
I managed to meet my nephew Jonathan, at Waterloo yesterday. He has just moved to the capital from Guildford and starts a new job on Monday. He treated me to a coffee and we had a good natter about all sorts of topics (my mother, which game console to buy, his new job, his father in New York, sushi restaurants...).
Tomorrow Saturday 15 March I head for Devon by hire car. I shall stay at Mother's house which Sally has placed on the market. I am first meeting my half-sister Abi at our Father's graveside near Tiverton. It is two years since his death on 13 March 2006, two days after his 75th birthday. There is a blog devoted to his (the Houghton) side of the family at http://houghtonbeachparty.blogspot.com/ .
On Sunday Sally and I are going to visit Mum at the nursing home. This will be the first time that I have seen her since she waved me goodbye last September before she fell ill. I have an enduring memory of her standing in her garden waving, as seen through my rear view mirror.
I still do not know quite what to expect, and people have been reluctant, or do not have the words to explain.
I shall probably stay down there until Tuesday 25 March when I shall return to London and prepare to fly back to The Philippines.

If family or friends would like to contact me whilst I am in UK, my mobile telephone number is: 07958 400 122

No comments: